Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Fear
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-12-06 18:20

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

What are you afraid of? I¡¯m not really afraid of anything. When I was a child I was afraid of the dark. I used to hear strange noises at night when I was in bed. I couldn¡¯t move. I was frozen with fear until it got light outside. I¡¯m no longer afraid of the dark, thankfully. I also used to fear speaking in public. My face would go red and I¡¯d get very hot. I overcame this fear because I had to make many speeches at school. The more I did this, the more my public speaking fear disappeared. People are afraid of many strange things. Did you know there is a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth? There is even a medical name for it. I don¡¯t think fear is a bad thing. It probably stops us from doing really dangerous things.
* be afraid of ~ = ~À» µÎ·Á¿öÇÏ´Ù/ the dark = (ƯÈ÷ ¹ãÀÇ) ¾îµÒ[¾ÏÈæ/įįÇÔ]/ be frozen with fear = µÎ·Á¿ò¿¡ »ç·ÎÀâÈ÷´Ù/ light = (³¯ÀÌ) ¹àÀº; (ºûÀÌ) ¹àÀº[ȯÇÑ]/ no longer ~ = ´õ ÀÌ»ó ~¾Æ´Ñ[ÇÏÁö ¾Ê´Â]/ speak in public = ´ëÁß ¾Õ¿¡¼­ ¿¬¼³À» ÇÏ´Ù/ overcome = ±Øº¹ÇÏ´Ù; (³²À») À̱â´Ù/ stick to ~ = ~¿¡ ´Þ¶ó[µé·¯]ºÙ´Ù

* Áú¹® *

1. What is your biggest fear for yourself?
2. How would you help someone to get over their fear?
3. Have you ever panicked with fear?
4. Do you have any form of phobia or paranoia?
5. What were you afraid of as a child?
6. What things are people commonly afraid of and why?
7. What facial expressions accompany fear?
8. What happens to you physically and emotionally when fear takes hold of you / overcomes you?
9. ¡°The fear of death is to be dreaded more than death itself.¡± What do you think about this quotation?