Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 009 - Are you overqualified for this job? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-09-14 20:29

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. capture = Á¡À¯ÇÏ´Ù, Â÷ÁöÇÏ´Ù
Captured 57 percent of North American-served market.

2. champion = ~À» À§ÇØ ½Î¿ì´Ù[³ë·ÂÇÏ´Ù], ~À» ¿ËÈ£ÇÏ´Ù
Championed development of software simulation and modeling methods to assist marketing in determining
customer's "voice" -- procedure is now SOP.

3. change = º¯È­½ÃÅ°´Ù, ¹Ù²Ù´Ù 
Changed paradigm for district's copy center in collaboration with Management Information Systems and transformed
it from district-subsidized operation to one that has produced hundreds of thousands of dollars in positive cash flow
for the last two years.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

09. ¸íÈ®ÇÑ ¸ñÇ¥ ¼³Á¤ÀÌ °¡Àå Áß¿äÇÏ´Ù°í »ý°¢ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
I think the most important thing is to clarify goals.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

009 - Are you overqualified for this job?

TIPS: It is easy to answer an interview question about over qualification incorrectly if you are not prepared.
To make sure you come out on top, avoid falling for these common tricks, traps and mistakes.
• Do not answer the question by bragging about how you could easily get a higher-paying job if you wanted.
• Do not make the mistake of playing down your accomplishments in response to the question.
• Be careful not to get nervous or edgy when asked if you are over-qualified.
• Don¡¯t breeze over the question or your answer in an effort to get the interviewer to quickly move on to
the next question.
Hiring managers value honesty and confidence, so be sure to avoid being evasive or timid in your responses.

BEST ANSWER:
* When answering the question, talk about your most pertinent skills, traits and experiences that qualify you
for the position.
• Talk about how your previous experience has prepared you to handle situations that you will likely face if hired.
• Relay the personality traits you exhibit that make you a good fit.
• Emphasize the skills you have developed that will help you handle the various responsibilities of the job.
• Mention why you think you are the best candidate for the job.
Answer the question in a positive way and assure the interviewer that while you are perfectly qualified
for the position, you are not necessarily over-qualified.

(1) I have hired and overseen ¡®bad¡¯ overqualified people and I simply won¡¯t perform that way, if hired. I have hired talented, overqualified people who seemed to have brought in their Mr. Hyde side upon starting work and have acted badly on the job: i.e. bossy to others, undermining of management, taking on initiatives without communicating, usurp duties from others resulting in redundancies of efforts, taking credit for other people¡¯s work, not being a team player since they clearly were above it all and even more. In hiring me, I would ensure you would be benefiting from what I learned from my mistakes.

(2) I have managed ¡®good¡¯ overqualified staff. I will clearly emulate the good, if hired. I have been lucky to have hired and overseen fabulously overqualified talent who saw themselves as someone who had a job to do that was part of a team. That overqualified person I managed realized early on they can¡¯t lose if they do the work to exceed the company or department goals with no drama. That is the person who I will be, if I am hired.

(3) I want work that interests me and keeps my hands dirty, so to speak. The one not-so-great thing about rising up through the ranks, is you get to a point where you are managing managers who manage other managers. Executives can sometimes get far removed from the sales process, client interaction, operations line or field. By taking on this manager-level role, I can resume working with the <sales, client, operations or field> team again. That type of work really excited me in my career and I would be thrilled to get back to it! I want to be challenged in a different way now.

(4) If hired, I believe it is my job to make my management team look good. If you look good, I look good. I had great staff working for me and I would be conducting myself in the same manner working for you. I would hope you can benefit from my experience when applicable and know that I would give generously to the group¡¯s efforts however I can.

(5) I know it is important to follow direction at times and just run with it at times. I have developed the judgment through my experience to know when each of those instances need to happen at the right time. As a previous Director, I know that there were many times I wanted my team to simply run with it and leave me out of the minutiae of the decision. On the flip side, I remember instances where I wanted to remain in the loop or even give direction. The employees that had the judgment to know when to run with it and when to bring me in, became my go-to people. I would aspire to be that person for you.

(6) I would never take a job that I was not interested in nor where felt I would not make a long-term contribution to the job in which I have been hired. To be blunt, I have made hires that were not the best match before and it was because I did not thoroughly ask about the what the employee needed and so they just focused on what I needed throughout the interview. I am glad we are discussing this and I appreciate that you are asking me about what I need in evaluating this match between us. I really do not want to be a bad hire within a firm. With that said, I am interested and very much able to do this job as offered. I feel it would benefit us both greatly if you hired me.

(7)
This opportunity is very attractive to me, and although some might look at my past experience and think I am over-qualified, I think I am perfectly qualified. You can rest assured that I will dedicate the same amount of effort to this position as I would dedicate to any higher-ranking position.

(8)
As you note, I've worked at a higher level but this position is exactly what I'm looking for. You offer opportunity to achieve the magic word: balance. I'm scouting for something challenging but a little less intense so I can spend more time with my family.

(9)
Salary is not my top priority. Not that I have a trust fund but I will work for less money, will take direction from managers of any age, will continue to stay current on technology and will not leave you in the lurch if Hollywood calls to make me a star. And I don't insist that it's my way or the highway.