Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 007 - Where do you see yourself in five(three, ten) years? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-09-07 16:16

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. benchmark = °æÀï»ç¿Í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÎ ±âÁØÀ» ³õ°í ºñ±³ÇÏ´Ù
Benchmarked specifications for systems implementation.

2. bolster = ºÏµ¸¿ì´Ù, °­È­[°³¼±]ÇÏ´Ù
Bolstered productivity and saved company approximately $10 million through playing key role in restructuring company;
reengineered all financial processes and related systems; redesigned all related jobs, resulting in
enriched staff development; reduced headcount from 1,500 to 1,000.

3. boost = ½ÅÀå½ÃÅ°´Ù, ºÏµ¸¿ì´Ù
Boosted sales to $2.6 million from $450,000.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

07. Àú´ÂÄÚ¸®¾Æ¼¿Æù»çÀÇ ÇؿܽÃÀå °³Ã´¿¡ ¼±µµ ¿ªÇÒÀ» Çß½À´Ï´Ù.
I opened the door for Korea Cell Phone to market its products overseas.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

007 - Where do you see yourself in five(three, ten) years?

TIPS: Err...   Not a good response. So what might an employer be looking for with this question?
• Are you serious about the company? Is the company part of your long-term plan, or are they a stepping stone?
• Are you serious about your career?
• Do you know where you want to go?
• How does this job help you get there?
• Are you ambitious? This can be positive or negative.
• How does this job fit within your longer-term plans? Is this job just a stop-gap?
If the job is part of your strategy, how likely are you to want to be promoted?
• Do you have any longer-term plans? They may use this to judge how far you would plan ahead in your new role.

BEST ANSWER:
* When answering the question, ¡°where do you see yourself in five years?¡±
it is important to structure you answer by covering a few topics, such as:
1. Your Interest in the Job
2. Your Core Strenghts
3. Your Professional Goals
4. Where you would like to be each year

(1) I definitely see myself employed within this company for the next five years and beyond. I feel as though your company and I share some of the same values, such as _______ and _________. I would really like to take those to a superior level with the help of this company. This is definitely the position I¡¯ve been preparing for and I am excited about the opportunity to work with you for the next five years.

(2) My goal right now is to find a position at a company where I can grow and take on new challenges over time. Ultimately, I¡¯d like to assume more management responsibilities and get involved in product strategy. But most importantly, I want to work for an organization where I can build a career.

(3) I am driven to be the best at what I do and I want to work somewhere where I¡¯ll have opportunities to develop my skills, take on interesting projects, and work with people I can really learn from. Some of the most innovative thinkers in the industry work here and that¡¯s a big reason why I would love to build a career here.

(4) Let me start by saying that I¡¯m really excited about the position we are discussing and my number one goal is to do the best job I can at this role. Having said that, if down the line there¡¯s an opportunity for advancement and I¡¯ve proven that I have not only the skills and experience needed to take on this next level of responsibility, then of course I would be interested.

(5) I¡¯m also really passionate about the work I do and would love if there were opportunities for me down the line to also be able to mentor other employees or new recruits to be successful within this position, perhaps as a manager or supervisor.

(6) From the moment I read the job description for this position I was really excited about your company¡¯s role in the community, and for this reason, am thrilled at the possibility of working with you for a long time.  I¡¯m very passionate about outreach and I¡¯m looking forward to the opportunity to be heavily involved in this area.

(7) While my main focus moving forward will be on the position we are discussing today, I¡¯m hopeful that I¡¯ll be able to grow within this position to take on more and be a part of new and exciting projects in the community.

(8) I¡¯m glad you asked! One of the reasons that I applied to this company was because of your company¡¯s reputation for helping with its employee¡¯s career growth as well as providing advancement opportunities. Long term commitment from an employer is important to me because it creates a sense of belonging and really brings out my desire to ¡°go to battle¡± for the company.

(9) I¡¯m really driven to achieve both mine and the companies goals and it is my belief that this stability will allow me to do so as I grow within this role.  Five years down the road I see myself growing into a supervisor or manager where I¡¯ll be able to use my skills to support and influence others.

(10) I would love to have the opportunity to be employed in a company where career growth and challenging work are common occurrences, providing me with the opportunity to utilize my core skills in assisting with the growth of the position and the company. From my prior research on your company, I can see that you routinely offer these opportunities and I know your company will value my core skills. I am really excited for the opportunity to possibly work with you for beyond five years.

(11) While I am focused on success, long-term stability and ongoing development, I am very commercially aware of the present climate within this industry, and am looking forward to working hard for my next employer to secure my role with them. I would like my commitment to this company to go beyond five years.