Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 006 - Tell me about yourself ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-09-03 12:39

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. audit = (ȸ°è¸¦) °¨»çÇÏ´Ù
Audited corporate client reports of portfolio holdings and transactions on accounts containing equities,
fixed income, and derivatives.

2. author = Àú¼úÇÏ´Ù, ¾²´Ù
Authored paper for publication in New Jersey Association of School Business Officials magazine on
implications of Sarbanes-Oxley Act to New Jersey School Districts.

3. avoid = ¸ð¸éÇÏ´Ù, ¹æÁöÇÏ´Ù, ¸·´Ù
Avoided $700,000 annual cost through negotiation of multiyear master lease agreement with U.S. Government.

4. award = ¼ö¿©ÇÏ´Ù
Awarded U.S. patent for developing solution to common industry problem related to calibration; solution
resulted in lower maintenance cost for customers.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

06. Èûµç °áÁ¤À̾úÁö¸¸, Á¦ÆÀÀ» À§Çؼ­ ÃÖ¼±À» ÅÃÇØ¾ß Çß½À´Ï´Ù.
It was a tough decision, but I had to do what was best for my team.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

006 - Tell me about youself.

TIPS: This is not an invitation to ramble on. If the context isn't clear, you need to know more about
the question before giving an answer. In such a situation, you could ask, "Is there a particular aspect of my
background that you would like more information on?" This will enable the interviewer to help you find
the appropriate focus and avoid discussing irrelevancies.

BEST ANSWER:
* Common Mistakes Made When Answering ¡°Tell Me About Yourself¡±
1. Regurgitate Your Cover Letter and Resume
2. Telling Your Life Story
3. ¡°Well, What Do You Want To Know?¡±
4. The 10-Minute Monologue

* So why do hiring managers ask this question?
1. They want to see how you react to a question asked casually and without structure
2. They want to get a feel for what you deem to be ¡°important¡±

* How to answer the question.
1. ¡°Focus on what most interests the interviewer.¡±
2. ¡°It¡¯s not about you, it¡¯s about them.¡±
3. How/why you are qualified for this opportunity.
4. Why you have applied for this job.

(1)
I was born and raised in XYZ County and have an excellent knowledge of the area as well as Central and
XYY counties. During the last 9 years with the ABC Freight Company, I have progressed through positions of
Package Loader, Courier, Dispatcher, and Team Lead.

(2)
In my most recent position, I have had the opportunity to complete numerous management training programs,
provide supervision and leadership to all positions within the station, and participate in special projects in conjunction
with Senior and District Managers. I enjoy being a Lead and the opportunity to empower and motivate my team.

(3)
Last year I was awarded 'Lead I' for greatest team gains in productivity. I believe this experience and training
has prepared me to take the next step and pursue a management position with Big New Employer.¡±

(4)
Well. I¡¯ve been working for the past six years as a systems analyst and data manager.
During that time I¡¯ve been trained and certified on a number of different software platforms and systems.

(5) Now I¡¯m looking to take my career to the next level and move out of contract work into a full time employee
for a company where I can be a part of a team, but also allows me to focus my energy on my best strength,
working directly with customers. I¡¯d like to build a long term career that lets me focus on professional growth.

(6) I'd really describe myself as a person with a versatile skill-set, a lot of integrity and a willingness to go
the extra mile to satisfy a customer.  Perhaps the best way to let you know what I'm about is to share with you
a quick experience I had. 

(7) Recently while working at a location with a client, they mentioned that they had just purchased some software that
I was familiar with but that their computer systems were having some difficulty integrating the program. I offered
to take a look at the install and found that there was a step that had somehow been forgotten. I told him I would
be happy to wipe the system and reinstall the software correctly. At first the client refused and when I asked him
why, he told me that it was too expensive and that they were just going to learn to work around the problem.
When I asked him further, he told me a different analyst had been in, looked at the problem, and told them that
the files had corrupted their system overall and that it would take at least $25,000 to fix. When I told him it was
a simple matter of wiping the previous version and reinstalling it, he was stunned. I did the whole project for
a fraction of the cost the other ¡°analyst¡± had quoted. My client was so happy he referred me to his friends and
I¡¯ve done similar work for several other companies in town as a result.

Tell me about yourself - what to focus on

How to answer the Tell me About Yourself question

Tell me about yourself - sample answers

Answers for entry level candidates to Tell Me About Yourself