Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Marriage
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  21-03-15 09:30

Marriage seems to be a dying institution. Everywhere we look, there are more and more statistics saying marriage is on its way out, divorce is on the increase, or people are leaving it later and later to tie the knot. A worrying trend over the past few decades is the number of people who live together without making the commitment of marriage. I¡¯m not really sure what the difference is. If you love someone and want to stay together forever, why not get married? I think marriage adds a lot to a couple¡¯s life, from the wedding day itself, right through to all of the anniversaries. Unmarried people miss out on these special occasions. Marriage is also important if you want to start a family. Perhaps I¡¯m just old-fashioned.
* institution = Á¦µµ[°ü½À]; ±â°ü[´Üü/Çùȸ]; º¸È£ ½Ã¼³/ statistic = Åë°è ÀÚ·á; Åë°èÇÐ; Åë°è/ on the(your, its) way out = (À¯Çà¿¡¼­) »ç¶óÁ® °¡´Â; ³ª°¡´Â[¶°³ª´Â] ±æ¿¡/ on the increase = Â÷Ãû Áõ°¡[Áõ´ë]ÇÏ¿©, Á¡ÁõÇÏ¿©/ tie the knot = °áÈ¥À» ÇÏ´Ù/ decade = 10³â/ commitment = ¾à¼Ó(ÇÑ ÀÏ), Àü³ä, Ã¥¹«, Çå½Å/ miss out on ~ = (Âü¼®ÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀ½À¸·Î½á À¯ÀÍÇϰųª Áñ°Å¿î °ÍÀ») ³õÄ¡´Ù/ old-fashioned = ÀüÅëÀûÀÎ »ç°í¹æ½ÄÀ» Áö´Ñ, ±¸½ÄÀÎ

* Áú¹® *

01. Is marriage over-rated?
02. What is important in a marriage?
03. Why do so many marriages go wrong?
04. What do you think about gay marriage?
05. Do you believe in arranged marriages?
06. What is the secret to a happy marriage?
07. Is it OK to live together before marriage?
08. What do you think of bigamy and polygamy?
09. How do you think marriage changes people?
10. Why are fewer and fewer people getting married?
11. Do you think there is anything scary about marriage?
12. What would the world be like if there was no marriage?
13. What do you think of the concept of no sex before marriage?
14. Is marriage different today than it was a hundred years ago?
15. Should people stay married if they no longer love each other?
16. Who has the happiest marriage you know? Why do you think this?
17. Is your idea of marriage different now compared to when you were a child?
18. Do you think people should agree on a marriage contract before they get married?