Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Marketing
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  21-02-23 05:38

Marketing is a funny thing. Sometimes I like it, other times I hate it. There is definitely an art to marketing. Some of the advertising campaigns you see are the work of a genius. Someone has thought of a great idea, slogan and advertising campaign to sell us or tell us something. I like it when I can see the creativity. There are other kinds of marketing that make me angry. Ads and campaigns that are directed at children make my blood boil – especially the McDonalds ads that do not mention food, but show lots of free, cheap toys. I also hate viral marketing – that¡¯s when you receive spam mail trying to sell you something. I also get annoyed with marketing campaigns that have slogans that are just untrue, like smoking is cool.
* other times = ´Ù¸¥ ¶§¿¡´Â/ definitely = ºÐ¸íÈ÷[Ʋ¸²¾øÀÌ]; È®½ÇÈ÷/ an art to ~ = ~¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ±â¼ú/ work of a genius = õÀçÀÇ ÀÛÇ°/ creativity = âÁ¶¼º[·Â]; µ¶Ã¢·Â/ be directed at ~ = ~¸¦ ÇâÇÑ/ make sb's blood boil = ´©±¸ÀÇ ÇǸ¦ ²ú°Ô ÇÏ´Ù[È­³ª°Ô, ¿­ ¹Þ°Ô ÇÏ´Ù]/ viral marketing = ÀÔ¼Ò¹®[±¸Àü] ¸¶ÄÉÆÃ/ get annoyed with ~ = ~¿¡ Â¥ÁõÀÌ ³ª´Ù     

* Áú¹® *

01. What is marketing?
02. How much of marketing is lying?
03. Is there too much hype in marketing?
04. Would you like to work in marketing?
05. How has the Internet changed marketing?
06. What do marketing executives do in their jobs?
07. What¡¯s the best marketing campaign you know of?
08. What marketing tactics do you think are very successful?
09. How would you start marketing a product or idea you had?
10. What¡¯s the difference between marketing and advertising?
11. What do you think of things like Christmas being marketed?
12. How do marketing techniques differ from country to country?
13. What do you think of the marketing strategies used in sports?
14. What is your opinion of marketing in the era of globalization?
15. Why are cigarette companies still so successful in their marketing?
16. Do expensive brands use different types of marketing to cheaper products?
17. Are marketing executives good at selling us exactly what we don¡¯t really need?
18. What do you think of McDonalds¡¯ marketing techniques aimed at attracting children?
19. Do you think that McDonald's is a marketing machine for the entertainment industry 
that is disguised as a restaurant?