Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Luck
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  20-09-28 23:32

I often wonder how important luck is in my life. I¡¯m not sure if there is a thing called luck. Some people say they are lucky and others say they are unlucky. I think everyone in life has good luck and bad luck. Just because someone loses something or has an accident doesn¡¯t mean it¡¯s bad luck. An accident is an accident. People who always say they have bad luck are negative. If they wait, something good will happen in their lives. I do like to wish people good luck though. I think it¡¯s a nice thing to say if someone has an interview or an exam. But, people pass exams and interviews because they studied hard or spoke well, not because of luck. In England people think they¡¯ll have seven years of bad luck if they break a mirror. That¡¯s strange.
* wonder = ±Ã±ÝÇØÇÏ´Ù/ not sure if ~ = ~ÀÏÁö Àß ¸ð¸£°Ú´Ù/ called ~ = ~¶ó´Â, ºÒ·ÁÁö´Â/ just[only] because ~ = ~À̶ó°í Çؼ­ (~¾Æ´Ï´Ù)/ negative = ºÎÁ¤ÀûÀÎ, ³ª»Û

* The Luck Factor

(1) Lucky people create, notice and act upon the chance opportunities in their lives.
Lucky people built and maintain a strong "[social] network of luck".
Lucky people have a relaxed attitude toward life.
Lucky people are open to new experinces in their lives.

(2) Lucky people make successful decisions by using their intuition and gut feelings.
Lucky people listen to their gut feelings and hunches.
Lucky people take steps to boost their intuition.

(3) Lucky people's expectations about the future help them fulfill their dreams and ambitions.
Lucky people expect their good luck to continue in the future.
Lucky people attempt to achieve their goals, even if their chances of success seem slim, and 
persevere in the face of failure.
Lucky people expect their interactions with others to be lucky and successful.

(4) Lucky people are able to transform their bad luck into good fortune.
Lucky people see the positive side of their good luck.
Lucky people are convinced that any ill fortune in their lives will, in the long run, work out for the best.
Lucky people do not dwell on their ill fortune.
Lucky people take constructive steps to prevent more bad luck in the future.