Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Listening
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  20-09-01 00:55

Listening is the easiest English skill for me. I can understand about half of what people say to me. This means I can guess the things I don¡¯t understand. Listening to the English of my American friends is not so difficult. I have problems when I try and understand the news on television. I also find movies hard to follow. I need the subtitles at the bottom of the screen. I think listening to songs in English made my listening better. It¡¯s a lot more interesting than my listening CDs. I have one piece of advice for students who want to improve their listening. That is to listen to the same thing again and again. You understand more every time you listen. What¡¯s your advice?
* half (of ~) = (~ÀÇ) ¹Ý, Àý¹Ý/ guess = ÃßÃø[ÁüÀÛ]ÇÏ´Ù, (ÃßÃøÀ¸·Î) ¾Ë¾Æ¸ÂÈ÷´Ù/ find = ~¶ó°í ¿©±â´Ù[»ý°¢ÇÏ´Ù]/ follow = ÀÌÇØÇÏ´Ù, (³»¿ëÀ») µû¶óÀâ´Ù/ subtitles = (ÁÖ·Î º¹¼ö·Î) ÀÚ¸·/ at the bottom of ~ = ~ÀÇ ¹Ø¹Ù´Ú¿¡/ again and again = ¸î ¹øÀÌ°í, µÇÇ®ÀÌÇؼ­ 

* Áú¹® * 

01. Do you like doing listening activities in class?
02. What are your biggest problems with listening?
03. What kind of listening activities do you like best?
04. How long do you think listening activities should be?
05. Is the topic important when you do a listening activity?
06. Do you think you need a listening activity in every class?
07. Do you ever think listening activities are a waste of time?
08. Do you like the listening activities your teacher gives you?
09. How often should you listen to English podcasts, news, songs, etc?
10. What things are important for a listening activity to be successful?
11. Do you prefer any particular accent when doing a listening activity?
12. Do you have an example of how a listening activity improved your listening?
13. Do you know of any listening websites that have good listening activities?
14. Which is best – listening activities in the classroom or real-life listening?
15. What questions would you like to ask your teacher about listening activities?
16. What do you think when your teacher says you¡¯re going to do a listening activity?
17. How important are listening activities compared with reading, speaking and writing activities?
18. What advice would you give to a student who panics when he or she cannot follow a listening?
19. Do you always understand the reasons why the teacher asks you to do a particular listening activity?