Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Insects
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  20-03-12 10:30

Some people love insects and others absolutely hate them. I can¡¯t count how many of my friends are terrified of insects. I have one friend who jumps and screams at the sight of the tiniest bug. He¡¯s over forty years old! My son loves insects. He has many books on them and knows everything about them. He loves going to insect museums and watching nature documentaries on insects. I also love them. I think insects are fascinating. I can watch them for hours. I also love looking at them in zoos and museums. It¡¯s like looking at a tiny miniature world. I think if I was insect-sized, life would be pretty scary. Or even worse, what if one day there were giant insects roaming the streets. That¡¯s the stuff of horror movies.
* absolutely = ±Øµµ·Ï, ±²ÀåÈ÷; ÀüÀûÀ¸·Î/ be terrified of ~ = ~À» ¹«¼­¿öÇÏ´Â/ at the sight of ~ = ~À» º¸°í/ fascinating = ´ë´ÜÈ÷ Èï¹Ì·Î¿î, ¸Å·ÂÀûÀÎ/ for hours = ¸î ½Ã°£ µ¿¾ÈÀ̳ª/ miniature = ¾ÆÁÖ ÀÛÀº[¼ÒÇüÀÇ], Ãà¼ÒµÈ/ ~sized = Å©±â°¡ ~ÇÑ/ scary = ¹«¼­¿î, °Ì³ª´Â/ even worse = ¼³»ó°¡»óÀ¸·Î, °Ô´Ù°¡/ one day = ¾ðÁ¨°¡[¾î´À ³¯](¹Ì·¡ÀÇ ¾î´À ½Ã±â³ª °ú°ÅÀÇ Æ¯Á¤ÇÑ ³¯À» °¡¸®Å´)/ roam = (À̸®Àú¸®) µ¹¾Æ´Ù´Ï´Ù, ¹èȸ[¹æ¶û]ÇÏ´Ù/ stuff of ~ = (~ÀÇ) °¡Àå Áß¿äÇÑ ¿ä¼Ò[°Í]; (¹«¾ùÀÇ) Àç·á[¿ø·á]         

* Áú¹® * 

01. Do you like insects?
02. Is it wrong to kill insects?
03. What can we learn from insects?
04. Do you know a lot about insects?
05. What do you think insects think about?
06. Why are so many people afraid of insects?
07. What insects do you get in your house?
08. What do you do if you get an insect bite?
09. What¡¯s your scariest insect moment?
10. What insects are the most interesting?
11. What insects are there in your country?
12. What insect would you most like to be and why?
13. Have you ever seen a scary movie about insects?
14. How often do you kill insects or use insect spray?
15. Would you be able to sleep if there were insects in your bedroom?
16. Have your feelings towards insects changed since you were a child?
17. What do you think of people who collect insects or have them as pets?
18. How would the world change if all insects suddenly became 100 times bigger?