Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Inflation
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  20-02-27 00:26

Inflation seems to be a big issue at the moment. Every time I turn on the news there is a story about inflation. Many countries around the world are fighting to keep inflation under control. Sometimes you read about countries that lose the battle against inflation. Zimbabwe once had an inflation rate of trillions of percent. I can¡¯t imagine trying to add up my shopping bill with so many zeroes. I have no idea how they brought it under control. Inflation in my country is OK at the moment. The government is worried about prices going up. Me too. Inflation seems to be the thing economists worry about most. They do everything they can to keep the rate of inflation low. It has been pretty stable for years now.
* at the moment = ¹Ù·Î Áö±Ý; Áö±Ý[¸¶Ä§]/ turn on the news = ´º½º(¹æ¼Û)¸¦ ÄÑ´Ù/ keep[bring/get] ~ under control = ~À» ¾ï´©¸£´Ù, ¾ïÁ¦ÇÏ´Ù, Á¦¾îÇÏ´Ù/ the[a] battle against ~ = ~¿¡ ´ëÇ×ÇÏ´Â ½Î¿ò/ add up ~ = ~À» ÇÕ»êÇÏ´Ù/ economist = °æÁ¦ÇÐÀÚ/ keep ~ low = ~À» ³·°Ô À¯ÁöÇÏ´Ù/ the rate of inflation = ¹°°¡ »ó½Â·ü[ÀÎÇ÷¹À̼ÇÀ²]/ stable = ¾ÈÁ¤ÀûÀÎ, ¾ÈÁ¤µÈ/ for years = ¼ö³â°£, ¸î ÇØ µ¿¾È

* Áú¹® *

01. What is inflation and what causes it?
02. Who does inflation hit the hardest?
03. What are inflationary pressures?
04. Why is inflation important to economists?
05. What is the rate of inflation in your country?
06. What does inflation mean to you on a daily basis?
07. What can you do to protect yourself against inflation?
08. What do governments do to control or curb inflation?
09. What creates runaway inflation like that in Zimbabwe?
10. What is deflation and does this harm the economy?
11. What springs to mind when you hear the word ¡®inflation¡¯?
12.  Does inflation in other countries affect your country¡¯s economy?
13. Is there an important link between inflation and unemployment?
14. What is the difference between inflation and real inflation?
15. What are the differences between wage and cost inflation?
16. What is the ¡°market basket¡± used in calculating the CPI (Consumer Price Index) to get the figure for inflation?