Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 015 - How would your boss(former coworkers) describe you? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-10-08 15:32

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. convince = ¼³µæÇÏ´Ù; È®½Å½ÃÅ°´Ù, ³³µæ½ÃÅ°´Ù
Convinced management to re-formulate existing local brand, refine its brand position, as well as redesign
its graphics and packaging to align with its updated positioning, resulting in significant volume increase and
long-term brand growth.

2. coordinate = Á¶Á÷È­[Æí¼º]ÇÏ´Ù; Á¶Á¤ÇÏ´Ù; Á¶È­¸¦ ¸ÂÃß´Ù
Coordinated all facets of the program, including curriculum development, teaching, training, volunteer management,
staff recruiting, and grant writing.

3. counsel = (Àü¹®ÀûÀÎ) »ó´ãÀ» ÇÏ´Ù
Counseled three clients; conducted informational interviews with customers and staff members for VP of
Environmental Health and Safety and provided feedback, resulting in defining new work processes to increase
customer satisfaction and employee job satisfaction; collaborated with Art Museum Director's team during
major transition and change, resulting in on-time new museum opening with intact and cordial team;
conducted workshops on Change Leadership.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

15. °¥µî¿¡ ºÎµúÈ÷¸é Àú´Â ±àÁ¤ÀûÀÎ ÇØ°áÃ¥À» ¸ð»öÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
If I come across a conflict, I look for positive solutions.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

015 - How would your boss(former coworkers) describe you? = What do your work colleagues(friends) think of you?

TIPS: The meaning behind the question?
The question ¡°what would your coworkers say about you?¡± is asked to assess your relationships with coworkers and
your role within a functional team. Whereas other questions evaluate your fit with the required job duties, this job
interview question targets your fit within the team structure. It centers on your personality and human qualities
instead of your behaviors.

BEST ANSWER: Here are some of the qualities your future coworkers might expect to see
◾Dependable ◾Trustworthy ◾Hard-working ◾Sense of humor ◾Easy-going ◾Considerate ◾Positive
◾You are willing to help out whenever needed—and that you frequently offer assistance before it¡¯s requested
◾You like to build strong relationships with your teammates because you¡¯ll be spending eight hours a day with them
for many years to come.
◾You like to have fun with it¡¯s appropriate, and you know how to laugh to keep morale high and tension low.
◾You are good at ________ (bringing in doughnuts on Fridays, fixing the copier when it jams, reviewing reports
for pesky grammatical errors, etc.) mention something that people can relate to and that helps them to visualize
you
in the workplace.
◾You are a team player who isn¡¯t afraid to help out to get the job done, whether it is part of your job description
or not.
◾You act as a situational leader for the team when there is a conflict or a non-critical decision to be made.
◾You like to have fun and build up team morale because you know that positive-minded employees tend to be
more productive.

(1) My former teammate at ABC Co, Mary Randall, always said that I could make even a room full of lawyers smile.

(2) My counterpart in Accounting nominated me for a star employee award because he said I was the only person
in the company who tried to make his job easier.

(3) My coworker John always said he was impressed with how organized and professional I am.
In fact, he even volunteered to write a letter of recommendation in which he shares a few more insights about me.

(4) Actually, in my most recent performance review in April, my direct supervisor described me as someone
who takes initiative and doesn¡¯t shy away from hard problems. My role involves a lot of on-site implementation,
and when things go wrong, it¡¯s usually up to me to fix it. Rather than punting the problem back to the team,
I always try to do what I can first. I know she appreciates that about me.

(5) One thing I¡¯ve noticed is that I¡¯m always the one people turn to for recommendations on how to handle
a new event or program—the latest fundraiser that I just told you about would be one. I have a lot of institutional
knowledge, which helps, but I think the reason people come to me is because I work through what a new program
might look like very methodically. If you were to ask my colleagues, I¡¯m confident they¡¯d describe me as logical,
organized, and meticulous.

(6) I don¡¯t want to speak for anyone else, but I¡¯m pretty confident my colleagues would describe me as thoughtful.
I¡¯m the one in the office who remembers everyone¡¯s birthdays and hard-working, since I never leave my office
until it¡¯s been dark out for a couple of hours. My boss in particular would say I¡¯m very knowledgeable about
audience development and it¡¯s why I kept taking on more and more responsibilities in that domain.