Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 014 - What will you do if you don£§t get this position? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-10-03 14:28

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. construct = ±¸¼ºÇÏ´Ù; ±×¸®´Ù; °Ç¼³ÇÏ´Ù
Constructed and presented sales forecasts and competitive analyses.

2. consult with ~ = ~¿Í ÇùÀÇÇÏ´Ù, »óÀÇÇÏ´Ù
Consult with business and community leaders to respond to diversity concerns and issues.

3. contribute to ~ = ~¿¡ ±â¿©ÇÏ´Ù 
Contributed to annual giving campaign's success, exceeding $450K goal by $100K through increased marketing
and e-giving technology implemented on website and through printed materials.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

14. ÆÀÀÇ ÀÏ¿øÀ¸·Î ÀÏÇÏ¸é ´õ ¸¹Àº °ÍÀ» ¼ºÃë ÇÒ ¼ö ÀÖÀ» °ÍÀ¸·Î »ý°¢ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
I think I could get a lot more accomplished working as a part of a team.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

014 - What will you do if you don't get this position? = What will you do if I decide not to hire you?

TIPS
: The meaning behind the question?
No, this doesn¡¯t necessarily mean the interviewer is going to turn you down. It¡¯s yet another stress question.
The interviewer will also be interested in seeing how you handle rejection and what your other job search plans are.
The interviewer wants to know whether you are concerned about just the advancement opportunity or the company.

BEST ANSWER:
As with many seemingly negative questions, this is an opportunity for you to make a positive statement confirming
your interest in the role
– but making it clear that you¡¯re by no means desperate and that you know you will be
in demand elsewhere. Don¡¯t react defensively or aggressively. Keep your cool and answer the question in a very
matter-of-fact manner.

(1) I would naturally be disappointed. I¡¯m very keen to get this job. It meets all my requirements and I firmly believe that I also meet all your requirements. Yours is an organisation I can certainly see myself working well for. However, I do of course have a number of other applications in progress for similar roles and, if my application for this job was not successful, I would clearly continue to pursue other opportunities. But this particular role does remain my preferred choice and I hope I have demonstrated that I would be an ideal candidate for the job.

(2) I would do my best to learn from the situation in order to improve. I would consider how I presented myself and if I made it clear how my skills and experience best matched the position and why I thought I was a great fit. I would consider what I was lacking that another candidate may have brought to the table in order to improve. I¡¯d want to be ready the next time a similar opportunity presented itself.

(3) I fully trust that the committee will choose someone who will be the perfect fit for the position. If I don¡¯t get hired, I¡¯ll wait for constructive feedback and use it to improve myself for the next opportunity. However, I still think I am the one you are looking for, today and as I develop.

(4) I would ask why you¡¯re asking the question, so that I can improve on my weak points. As I¡¯ve learned more about your company, it seems like a great fit, and I have some interesting ideas. If I don¡¯t make the cut, I would like to keep in touch and look for other positions in your company that can make use of my skills and experience.

(5) If I do not get picked for this position, I will continue to look for another in the same field in order to use my experience and utilize my skills.

(6) I will use this experience to reflect on my flaws and work to improve on them for future opportunities along the way.

(7) Even if I don¡¯t get this job, I see the interview as a chance for me to improve myself. I would like to check back to find out where I went wrong and try again.

(8) I will continue looking in this field for another position that will fit my schedule and goals. / I will continue to watch for other vacancies within our company and opportunities for advancement. / I am exploring more training and getting further credentials to enhance my qualifications for advancement. / I will consider broadening my search to include some different industries hiring part time people. / I really feel like this would be a good fit for me, so I'm hoping I won't have to think too much about that!

(9) If you¡¯re up for a promotion: Should I not be selected, I will continue to work with and support whoever is selected. However, I do feel that my skills, experience and accomplishments in the department and with the team would make me the best candidate since I am committed to this company and its advancement.