Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Evolution
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-10-01 18:04

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I learnt all about evolution when I was about ten years old. I remember it clearly. I thought it was amazing. My mind was full of images of strange creatures crawling out of a green, soupy lake. Fish that had somehow developed legs and the ability to breathe air. Then these creatures turned into all kinds of animals. All the books I read said we came from apes. Scientists are still not sure how. There¡¯s a missing link. When I think about it now, the theory of evolution is a clever concept. The man who thought of it, Charles Darwin, said nature is all about the survival of the fittest. Only the strongest species survive. We are still evolving. Scientists believe we will look quite different a million years from now. I wonder what we¡¯ll look like.
* evolution = ÁøÈ­; ¹ßÀü/ full of ~ = ~·Î °¡µæÂù/ creature =»ý¸íÀÌ ÀÖ´Â Á¸Àç/ crawl out of ~ = ~¿¡¼­ ±â¾î ³ª¿À´Ù/ soupy = °ø±â°¡ ÅÓÅÓÇÑ; ¼öÇÁ °°Àº/ breathe = È£ÈíÇÏ´Ù, ¼ûÀ» ½¬´Ù/ turn into ~ = ~À¸·Î º¯ÇÏ´Ù/ ape = À¯Àοø/ missing link = ºüÁø °í¸®/ the theory of evolution = ÁøÈ­¼³[·Ð]/ (the) survivial of the fittest = ÀûÀÚ »ýÁ¸

* Áú¹® *

1. Do you believe the story of evolution as told in religious books?
2. How do you think we got here?
3. What do you think we will look like millions of years from now?
4. Why is Darwin¡¯s Theory of Evolution discarded by so many religions?
5. Do you think God created everything as it is outlined in the book of Genesis?
6. What do you understand by the term ¡®natural selection¡¯?
7. Do you think we descended from the apes?
8. Do you think humans are set apart from the animal kingdom?
9. What do you think of the ¡®survival of the fittest¡¯ theory?
10. Can you watch evolution happening?
11. How can we know what happened millions of years ago?
12. Many schools in the USA teach creationism – the idea that God put humans on Earth as we are today.
What do you think of this?