Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 011 - What would you do if one of our competitors offered you a position? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-09-17 11:50

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. collaborate with = ~¿Í Çù·Â[Çùµ¿]ÇÏ´Ù
Collaborate with hospital and regional medical center in-house legal departments on regulatory compliance cases.

2. combine = (°øµ¿ ÀÛ¾÷À» À§ÇØ) ´ÜÇÕ[°áÇÕ]ÇÏ´Ù[½ÃÅ°´Ù]  
Combined technical and management skills while mentoring group members as they resolved complex
technical issues and provided expert technical advice to management for business decisions.

3. command = ÁöÈÖ, ¸í·É, Áö½ÃÇÏ´Ù
Commanded contingency operations and established safety programs at three austere flying locales
supporting UN operations; supervised 200+ personnel at each site and earned Outstanding Unit Safety Award.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

11. ±× ºÐÀº Á¦°¡ ÆÀ¿¡ ²À ÇÊ¿äÇÑ »ç¶÷À̾ú´Ù°í Æò°¡ ÇÒ °Í °°½À´Ï´Ù.
I think he would say that I was a valued member of his team.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

011 - What would you do if one of our competitors offered you a position?
= Would you still be interested in this job if your current employer offered a promotion?
= What will you do if your current employer makes you a counter-offer?

= Would you still be interested in this job if your current employer offered a pay rise?
= What would you say if I were to offer you this job immediately?
= What would be your answer if I were to offer you this job now?

TIPS: This is an interesting question which interviewers can use to test your decision-making and deal-brokering skills. 
The interview is a potential business transaction.  You're discussing the possibility of a long-term deal.
The way you answer this question will give the interviewer some insight into how you might handle future such
negotiations when you are, for example, dealing with a potential supplier.

BEST ANSWER:
The interviewer is trying to determine whether the candidate is truly interested in the industry and company, or
whether he or she has chosen the company randomly. Contrast your perceptions of the company with its competitors,
and talk about the company's products or services that you've encountered. In the long run, which players do you
believe are most viable and why? This is also a good place to ask the interviewer for his or her opinion.

(1) I¡¯m interested in working for you because of your reputation for encouraging people who have a real commitment to their work.  I want to work here because I¡¯m anxious to grow professionally and I think you¡¯ll bring out the best in me.

(2) I'd say no. I'm not interested in other players in this industry. I want to work for Nike because I won a number of races wearing the Nike brand. Because of my positive experience with Nike, I know I'd be convincing selling your product to retailers.

(3) I would most definitely still be interested in this job, even if my current employer did offer me a pay rise.  Money is not my only motivator.  While I would obviously have to give their offer some consideration, I would remind myself of my specific reasons for wanting to move on to a new job in the first place – and it's more than just a question of money.  I'm looking for a new challenge.  I'm looking for new opportunities to develop and progress.  In short, I'm looking for just the kind of role you are currently offering.

(4) I'd naturally be very pleased.  I am definitely very interested in this role and in your organisation.  However, before formally accepting, I would of course need to see the precise terms of your offer so as to see how it compares to other offers I have received and I'd subsequently need a little time to think over my various options and decide which one I should be pursuing.  It's an important decision and obviously not something I should be in a rush to make.  But, if you'd like to make me an offer, then I'll obviously give it my serious consideration.