Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Emergencies
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-09-01 16:21

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

Are you a good person to have around in an emergency? I am, I think. I have a very cool head and I don¡¯t panic easily. The most important thing to do in an emergency is stay calm. If you do this, you can think straight and decide what¡¯s best to do. Also, if you stay calm, other people might stay calm too. The worst thing to do is panic. Once you panic, things become worse. Of course, it depends on the kind of emergency. For really serious emergencies, you should call the emergency services. That¡¯s 999 in the UK or 911 in other parts of the world. My biggest emergency recently was a big one. I pressed the delete button and lost my 3,000 songs in iTunes. Luckily, I had a back-up.
* emergency = ºñ»ó(»çÅÂ)/ cool head = ³ÃÁ¤, ħÂø; ħÂøÇÑ »ç¶÷/ panic = °Ì¿¡ Áú·Á ¾î¿ ÁÙ ¸ð¸£´Ù/ stay calm = Â÷ºÐÇÔ(ħÂøÇÔ)À» À¯ÁöÇÏ´Ù/ think straight = ¸íÄèÇÏ°Ô(³í¸®ÀûÀ¸·Î) »ý°¢ÇÏ´Ù/ delete button = »èÁ¦ ¹öÆ°/ back-up = ÈÄ¿ø, ÁöÁö, ¿¹ºñ(Ç°)

* Áú¹® *

1. Have you ever had an accident at home / at work / on holiday / doing sports? What happened?
2. How did the doctors treat you?
3. How long did it take you to recover?
4. Are you a very accident-prone person?
5. Does your employer take any steps to prevent accidents? Is health and safety a priority?
6. Have you ever broken a bone? What happened?
7. Are you good at giving first-aid?
8. Do you think you would be a good person to be with in an emergency?
9. Have you ever been involved in a road traffic accident? What happened?
10. What injuries did you have?
11. Was there much damage to the car(s)?
12. Where there any witnesses?
13. Whose fault was the accident?
14. Did you have to go to court?
15. What did the judge decide in the end?