Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 004 - Why did you choose this career? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-08-14 14:14

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. align = (~¿¡ ¸ÂÃç) ~À» Á¶Á¤[Á¶Àý]ÇÏ´Ù  
Aligned and trained management staff to focus on attaining world-class service levels through quality feedback
to staff, utilizing Witness Monitoring System, top-level training programs, and targeted interviewing/hiring specifications.

2. apply = ¾²´Ù, Àû¿ëÇÏ´Ù 
Applied global experiences and localized process to create relevance to Japan, which involved learning
entire process and identifying high leverage points in Japan context.

3. architect = (ƯÁ¤ÇÑ ¼ø¼­・±¸Á¶·Î) Á¤¸®ÇÏ´Ù, ü°èÈ­[±¸Á¶È­]ÇÏ´Ù
Architected operational and financial business cases for outsourcing.
Assessed effectiveness of 16,000-employee Symantec's global payroll operations.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

004 - ±×¸¸µÎ·Á´Â ÀÌÀ¯´Â ½ÂÁø ±âȸ°¡ ¾ø±â ¶§¹®ÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
I want to leave because the advancement opportunities aren¡¯t there.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

004 - Why did you choose this career?
= Why did you decide to become a _____?
= What factors influenced you to choose this career path?
= Why do you want to become a _____?

TIPS: The interviewer is seeking to understand your underlying motivations for selecting this career.
It is also a good question for the interviewer to learn how much planning and thought actually went into your
career selection. Are you there by random acts and/or chance? Or is this part of a well-designed plan?
For most candidates, it is somewhere in between, but the interviewer will likely drive into the details that
you provide, so don't try to bluff your way through this answer (or any interview answer).

¸éÁ¢°üÀº ´ç½ÅÀÇ ±Ùº»ÀûÀÎ Á÷¾÷ ¼±Åÿ¡ ´ëÇÑ µ¿±â¸¦ ãÀ¸·Á ÇÏ´Â Áú¹®ÀÌ´Ù.
µû¶ó¼­ ´ëÃæ À§±â¸¦ ¸ð¸éÇÏ·Á´Â ´ë´äÀÌ ¾Æ´Ñ, Á÷¾÷ ¼±Åÿ¡ ´ëÇÑ ¾ó¸¸Å­ÀÇ Áغñ¿Í »ý°¢À» Çß´ÂÁö
±¸Ã¼ÀûÀ¸·Î ¾ð±ÞÇÒ ÇÊ¿ä°¡ ÀÖ´Ù.

BEST ANSWER: Your answer needs to convince the interviewers that your skills are exactly what they want.
They want to know if you have a realistic view of what it is like to work in their industry. Be specific; show them
that their industry and your career goals are in sync. Spend time considering this question before the interview.
This is one of the questions that often catches a candidate without a solid answer. You need to think about all of
the factors which influenced your decision in advance
. That doesn't mean you have to include them all. Be selective.
Include the positive influences, not the negative ones. If you did advanced research and planning, this provides
the solid foundation. If there was an individual (or individuals) who influenced your career selection, that provides
a personal side to the story. Keep it positive.
¼±ÅÃÇÏ´Â Á÷¾÷°ú º»ÀÎÀÌ °®´Â Á÷¾÷ÀÇ ¸ñÇ¥°¡ Á¶È­¸¦ ÀÌ·ç°í ÀÖÀ½À» ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ ³»¿ëÀ» Æ÷ÇÔÇÏ¿© ´äÀ» ÇÑ´Ù.
* Highlight the positive influences that lead you to apply for the job.
* Focus on your relevant skills and character traits.
* Emphasize your interest in both stability and growth.
* Stress your interest in the field or industry as a whole.

(1) I chose advertising because I have always been a strong communicator with a good eye for design. I have a particular interest in creating dynamic eye-catching pieces that support a new product being introduced to the market. I also like the fast-paced high-energy environment that seems to be commonplace in the advertising industry.

(2) I committed myself as an Accounting major my Freshman year of college. I spent my energies in college preparing myself to become a world-class accountant. But it wasn't until my internship after my Junior year that I began to develop my interest in tax accounting. I was assigned a mentor that summer who continued to stay with me as my mentor after I graduated who helped me understand the field better and map our my career plans.

(3) There were many influences that went into my decision to select this career field. One of my early mentors was a business friend of my mother, who worked in the insurance industry and encouraged me to explore opportunities in this field. She pointed me in the right direction to explore the possibilities. But it was the combination of my career research along with my professors in my major who helped to solidify my decision. My internship last summer helped me to get an inside view into the world of work in this field.

(4) Well, I took a class with a professor I really liked, he made the class so fun that I thought this might be a really interesting way to make a living. I didn't really connect the dots between the major and potential career until late in my Senior year. Although I love Chemistry, I wasn't really interested in working for a company in the chemical field. So I had to look around to see what else I could do with my degree. I guess I really just fell into this career field because it was the only thing out there available at the time for someone with my degree. I didn't really plan it that way.

(5) From the time I was a child, I knew I wanted to do something like this. I was always correcting things and fixing things that were lying around, the things everyone else thought were broken. So working in a field where I get to troubleshoot things every day is just an extension of what I have always loved to do.

(6)
This feels entirely natural for me. I love being in a fast-paced environment, working hard to complete a project, talking to a dozen people at once, coordinating schedules and ideas and plans¡¦that¡¯s why this kind of job works for me.

(7)
I love to tinker with how things look, which is why design is great for me. I am never quite satisfied. I always think I can make it better, and I am doing so up to the point where it goes out to market. I¡¯m a perfectionist in a market where that¡¯s what gets things done.

(8) An early mentor of mine was in this field and she pointed me towards my college major and helped me find internships. As I started to get more experience through those programs, I realized my creative problem solving skills coupled with my time management abilities were best suited towards this fulfilling career path.

(9) R
emember, you want to sell yourself and hiring managers will appreciate if you put thought into your decision to apply. This indicates that you are genuinely interested in the position as well as career advancement opportunities.