Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) E-mail
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-07-19 08:15

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

E-mail certainly keeps me busy. I never used to write as many letters as I do now. In the good old days before computers, we wrote real letters, with paper and envelopes. I wrote one or two letters a week. But now, with e-mail, my in-box is never empty. There¡¯s always someone mailing me. I would like just one day where I¡¯m free of e-mail. The sad thing is, very few mails I get are interesting. I get loads of spam – junk mail trying to sell me things I don¡¯t want. I also get lots of mail from people asking me to do stuff. Do this, do that, reply ASAP. It¡¯s too much sometimes. The one good thing about e-mail is that you can get things done quickly. I can e-mail a company in another country and they can mail me back in two minutes.
* the good old days = ÁÁ¾Ò´ø ¿¾ ½ÃÀý/ envelope = ºÀÅõ/ be free of ~ = ~¿¡¼­ ÀÚÀ¯·Ó´Ù/ loads(tons) of ~ = ¼ö¸¹Àº ~/ stuff = ÀÏ[°Í](»ç¶÷µéÀÌ ÀϹÝÀûÀ¸·Î ÇàÇϰųª ¸»Çϰųª »ý°¢Çϰųª ÇÏ´Â °ÍÀ» ÅëĪÇÔ)/ ASAP(= as soon as possible) = °¡±ÞÀû »¡¸®

* Áú¹® *

1. How important is e-mail to you?
2. How much time do you spend reading and writing e-mails?
3. Have you ever pressed ¡®send¡¯ and then wish you hadn¡¯t?
4. Are you good at replying quickly to e-mails?
5. How many mails are there in your InBox?
6. How many different e-mail accounts do you have / need?
7. Which e-mail provider do you use (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo..)? Are you happy with the service?
8. Do you prefer e-mail via your mobile phone or a computer?
9. What new functions would you like to see with e-mail?
10. Are you worried that governments or criminals can read your mail?
11. If you could secretly have access to someone else¡¯s e-mail account, who would it be and why?
12. Are you always polite in e-mails and start with ¡°Dear¡± and end with a closing salutation like ¡°Best wishes¡±, or ¡°Yours sincerely¡±?