Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Divorce
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-06-11 10:05

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

Divorce is on the increase around the world. It seems divorce rates are rising in pretty much every country you read about. I know in my country, divorce is now not unusual. More than thirty per cent of marriages end in divorce. I suppose it¡¯s easier nowadays to get a divorce, and it¡¯s more socially acceptable. I know it was more difficult to get divorced 50 years ago. People thought that there was something wrong with you if you were a divorcee. Today, it¡¯s common to get through two, three, even more marriages. Perhaps people should think a bit more before they get married. Divorce is pretty hard on children. When a divorce gets ugly, the kids really suffer. Sorting out divorce settlements can be a messy business.
* (be) on the increase = Â÷Ãû Áõ°¡(Áõ´ë)ÇÏ´Ù/ divorce rate = ÀÌÈ¥À²/ end in ~ = ~À¸·Î ³¡³ª´Ù/ socially acceptable = »çȸÀûÀ¸·Î ¿ëÀÎÇÒ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â/ divorcee = ÀÌÈ¥ÇÑ »ç¶÷(ƯÈ÷ ÀÌÈ¥³à)/ be hard on ~ = ~¿¡°Ô Èûµé´Ù(ºÎ´çÇÏ´Ù); ~À» ½ÉÇÏ°Ô ´ëÇÏ´Ù/ suffer = °íÅë¹Þ´Ù/ sort out = ~À» ÇØ°á(ó¸®/Á¤¸®)ÇÏ´Ù/ divorce settlement = ÀÌÈ¥¼Ò¼Û ÇÕÀÇ[ÇØ°á/Àç»ê Á¤¸®]/ messy = ÁöÀúºÐÇÑ; (»óȲÀÌ) ¾û¸ÁÀÎ, °ñÄ¡ ¾ÆÇÂ

* Áú¹® *

1. Do you think that divorce is a sin?
2. What are the main causes for people getting divorced?
3. Why do you think divorce is higher in some countries than in others?
4. Who should get the children in a divorce?
5. Should people sign a divorce agreement before they gat married?
6. What effect does divorce have on children?
7. Is being divorced a social stigma in your country?
8. Why are divorce rates increasing around the world?
9. Should divorce settlements by fifty-fifty?
10. Why do celebrity marriages end in divorce so quickly?
11. Do you think divorce would be less common if couples lived together before marriage?
12. Does divorce mean part of you is a failure?
13. Would you date someone who had been divorced several times?