Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Dentist
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-04-24 14:34

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I¡¯m afraid of the dentist. Always have been, for as long as I can remember. Even if the dentist is really, really kind and gentle, I¡¯m still afraid. Even if the dental surgery is colorful and there¡¯s relaxing music, I¡¯m still afraid. Dentists for me haven¡¯t changed a bit. When I was a child, I hated the sound of the drill. That sound is still there today. When I was young, I hated the smell. Same smell today. I can¡¯t wait for the day scientists invent something so we never need dentists. The strange thing is, when I was younger, I wanted to be a dentist. I thought it would be good to treat people just like me. I felt I would understand others who have the same fear. I think I would have been a good dentist.
* be afraid of ~ = ~À» µÎ·Á¿öÇÏ´Ù/ as long as ~ = ~ÇÏ´Â ÇÑ/ dental surgery = Ä¡°ú(ÀÇÇÐ), ±¸°­ ¿Ü°ú(ÇÐ)/ drill = µå¸±, ¼Û°÷/ treat = Ä¡·áÇÏ´Ù/ fear = °øÆ÷, µÎ·Á¿ò, ¹«¼­¿ò

* Áú¹® *

1. Are your teeth in good condition?
2. How often do you go to see a dentist?
3. Do you worry about fillings / cavities?
4. What do you do to look after your teeth?
5. What do you think of the smell and sounds at the dentist?
6. Do you think trips to the dentists are reasonably priced?
7. Would you like to look inside peoples¡¯ mouths all day as a job?
8. Do you think there is a good choice of dentists in your town?
9. What do you think dentists can do to make a visit more pleasurable?
10. Do you think a dentist always tells the patient if he/she makes a big mistake?
11. Do you think toothpaste technology will mean there¡¯ll be no need for dentists one day?