Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Death
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-04-17 22:30

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

People say that death is the only thing in life that is certain. That¡¯s true. I¡¯m not afraid of dying, but I do think it¡¯s a sad thing. I¡¯d like to live forever. I like life. I want to see my children¡¯s children¡¯s children grow up. People have different views on death in different cultures. In some countries, you die and go to heaven. In other countries you die and come back to Earth as something else. Some people celebrate people¡¯s death because they had a good life. In other countries, death is a sad and dark affair. I know of many countries where death is a taboo subject. People just don¡¯t talk about it. I have no problems talking about death. Especially to my family. I think it¡¯s useful to tell everyone what I want to happen when I die.
* certain = È®½ÇÇÑ, Ʋ¸²¾ø´Â/ have a view (on ~) = (~¿¡ ´ëÇÑ) °ßÇØ°¡ ÀÖ´Ù/ celebrate = ±â³äÇÏ´Ù, ÃàÇÏÇÏ´Ù/ affair = ÀÏ[¹®Á¦, »ç°Ç]/ know of ~ = ~¿¡ °üÇؼ­ °£Á¢ÀûÀ¸·Î[¾ò¾îµè°í] ¾Ë´Ù/ taboo subject = ±Ý±âÀÇ ÁÖÁ¦

* Áú¹® *

1. What do you think of death?
2. Are you afraid of death?
3. How would you like to be remembered?
4. What happens after you die?
5. Do you agree with the death penalty?
6. Would you prefer to die in your sleep / die of natural causes?
7. Have you ever had an experience in which you nearly died?
8. Is someone really dead when they are brain dead?
9. Would you prefer to be buried, cremated or another kind of ritual?
10. What do you think of taking one¡¯s own life - suicide?
11. Do you agree with euthanasia – helping someone else die?
12. What are the biggest causes of death in your country and how can these be reversed?