Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Current Events
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-03-15 09:20

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I love the news and current events. I¡¯m addicted to what¡¯s happening in the world. It doesn¡¯t matter what kind of news it is, I love watching it. Even if it¡¯s from countries I¡¯ve never heard of. I¡¯ll even watch the same news program three or four times and not get bored. I guess it¡¯s so fascinating because it¡¯s real. I get really interested in a story when it breaks, then like to follow it as it unfolds. Following current events makes you quite knowledgeable. I know most of the world¡¯s capitals and most of the world¡¯s leaders. Watching the news is really looking at history happening now. But you never know what¡¯s going to happen next. Every time you turn on the news or read a news story, you¡¯ll find something unexpected.
* current events = ½Ã»ç, ½Ã»ç ¹®Á¦/ be addicted to ~ = ~¿¡ ºüÁö´Ù(Áßµ¶µÇ´Ù)/ get bored (with ~) = (~¿¡) Áö·çÇØ ÇÏ´Ù/ fascinating = ´ë´ÜÈ÷ Èï¹Ì·Î¿î, ¸Å·ÂÀûÀÎ/ unfold = (¾î¶² ³»¿ëÀÌ ¼­¼­È÷) ÆîÃÄÁö´Ù(¹àÇôÁö´Ù)/ knowledgeable = ¾Æ´Â °ÍÀÌ ¸¹Àº, ¸¹ÀÌ ¾Æ´Â

* Áú¹® *

1. Are you interested in current events and news?
2. Is there a difference between news and current events?
3. What stories have you been following recently?
4. How many hours a day do you spend reading about, watching or listening to news?
5. What is the latest news about your country?
6. Are you interested in news from other countries?
7. Would you prefer to study English using news materials or textbooks?
8. Which area of current events would you like to be more knowledgeable about?
9. How current is current?
10. How much time do you spend discussing current events with friends?
11. What recent events are you fed up hearing about?
12. How do you feel when you haven¡¯t heard the news for a few days?