Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Culture
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-03-06 16:14

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I¡¯m really interested in the culture of other countries. I don¡¯t know why, but I always think other cultures are more interesting than my own culture. Every time I travel, I learn wonderful, strange, amazing and interesting things about other cultures. One of the biggest surprises I had was when I went to the USA as a child. I¡¯m English so I thought Americans had the same culture as me. When I went to America I understood Americans and Brits are very different people. Understanding the culture of other people is very important. It helps us all to get along. If everyone really tried to learn about other cultures, the world would be a more peaceful place. The world is becoming smaller, so I think this is happening.
* be interested in ~ = ~¿¡ °ü½ÉÀÖ´Â/ I don't know why ~ = ¿Ö ~ÀÎÁö ¸ð¸£°Ú´Ù / amazing = ³î¶ó¿î/ Brit = ¿µ±¹ÀÎ/ get along (with ~) = »çÀÌÁÁ°Ô Áö³»´Ù

* Áú¹® *

1. What do you think is interesting about your culture?
2. In your culture is it polite to be straightforward and direct when you talk to someone?
3. What has surprised you when you've met people from other countries?
4. What do/don't you like about your culture?
5. If you could change one thing about your culture, what would it be?
6. Do you think "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" is always good advice? Why or why not? 
7. If a group of people just came to your country from overseas, what advice would you give them?
8. What are some things that define a culture? For example, music, language, etc.
9. What does it mean to be polite in your culture? / What is considered rude in your culture?