Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Careers
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-11-21 18:32

[Àü¹® & mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

Choosing a career is one of the biggest decisions we make in life. It used to be that we chose only one career. People would start a job when they were 18, 19 or 20 and stay in that same career for life. Their career path was quite straightforward. Nowadays, it is normal for people to change careers, five, six, seven times. New technology and globalization means things change quickly. We need to study and keep up with all the changes. I¡¯ve had four different careers now. I like moving from one job to another. It means life never gets boring. It¡¯s much better to keep learning different things in different careers. I have no idea what career I¡¯ll choose next. Perhaps one that doesn¡¯t even exists today.
* It used to be that ~ = ~ÀÌ°ï Çß¾ú´Ù/ for life = Á×À» ¶§±îÁö(ÀÇ); Æò»ý(Á¾½Å)ÀÇ; ¹«±âÀÇ/ career path = Ãâ¼¼(¼º°ø)¿¡ÀÇ ±æ(Áø·Î), À¯¸ÁÇÑ Á÷¾÷/ straightforward = °£´ÜÇÑ, ½¬¿î, º¹ÀâÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀº/ keep up with ~ = ½Ã·ù(À¯Çà)¸¦ µû¸£´Ù; ~¿¡ ¹à´Ù, Á¤ÅëÇÏ´Ù; ~¿¡ µÚÁöÁö ¾Ê´Ù 

* Áú¹® *

01. Could you describe one of your typical workdays?
02. What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis?
03. What parts of your job do you find most challenging?
04. What do find most enjoyable?
05. Are there any negatives to your job?
06. How many hours do you work in a typical week?
07. Which seasons of the year are toughest in your job?
08. How would you describe the corporate culture?
09. Is this field growing enough so that there's room for someone like me?
10. Are too many or too few people entering this profession?
11. What developments on the horizon could affect future opportunities?
12. This industry has changed dramatically in the past five years. What have you seen from inside your company?
Where do you think the changes will happen in the next five years?
13. How frequently do layoffs occur? How does it affect employees' morale?
14. Why do people leave this field or company?
15. Who are the most important people in the industry today?
16. Which companies have the best track record for promoting women and minorities?
17. Are there opportunities for self-employment in your field? Where?
18. What would be a reasonable salary range to expect if I entered this field? What is the long-term potential?
19. What is the advancement potential in the field? What is a typical path?
20. How did you get your job?
21. If you could start all over again, would you change your career path in any way? Why?
22. How long does it take for managers to rise to the top?
23. What is the background of most senior-level executives?
24. What educational preparation would you recommend for someone who wants to advance in this field?
25. What qualifications do you seek in a new hire?
26. How do most people enter this profession?
27. Which of my skills are strong compared to other job hunters in this field?
28. What do you think of the experience I've had so far? For what types of positions would it qualify me?
29. Can you recommend any courses I should take before proceeding further with my job search?
30. What companies or industries do you think I should target?
31. Do you think my objective is clearly stated, realistic and achievable?
32. Considering my background, how well do you think I would fit in this company and/or profession?
33. How does your company compare with others we've discussed?
34. Would the work involve any lifestyle changes, such as frequent travel or late-night business entertaining?
35. Considering all the people you've met in your field, what personal attributes are essential for success?
36. Who else would you recommend I speak with? When I call, may I use your name?
37. Where can I write to get up-to-date information on salaries, employers and industry issues?
38. What professional journals and organizations should I be aware of?
39. Is there anything else you think I need to know?
40. Taking into account my skills, education and experience, what other career paths would you suggest I explore before making a final decision?