Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Bullying
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-10-10 05:20

[Àü¹® & mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I¡¯ve never understood bullying. Why do people have to make the life of another person so miserable? Why do they think they have the right to punch and kick someone they think is weaker than them. I was bullied when I was a child. It was a living hell. I was really afraid to go to school, for many, many years. I knew I was not safe during break times. It was always a group of bullies that got me in the corridors, or on the playing fields. They made me hate school. I know they also changed me for life. I have no confidence now. I¡¯m 32 years old but I¡¯m afraid to speak up for myself. The school bullies took away my belief in myself. They didn¡¯t know that they would scar me for life. The physical scars have gone but not the emotional ones.
* bullying = ¾àÀÚ¸¦ ±«·ÓÈ÷±â/ miserable = ºñÂü(¿ì¿ï)ÇÏ°Ô ¸¸µå´Â; ºñÂüÇÑ/ living hell = »ýÁö¿Á/ afraid (of ~/ of ~ing/ to do ~) = µÎ·Á¿ö ÇÏ´Â °Ì³»´Â/ corridor = º¹µµ/ playing field = ¿îµ¿Àå[°æ±âÀå]/ speak up for ~ = ~À» °­·ÂÇÏ°Ô º¯È£ÇÏ´Ù/ take ~ away = ~À» »©¾Ñ´Ù/ scar = ¸¶À½ÀÇ »óó¸¦ ³²±â´Ù/ for life = Á×À» ¶§±îÁö(ÀÇ); Æò»ý(ÀÇ)

* Áú¹® *

1. What springs to mind when you hear the word ¡®bullying¡¯?
2. What different types of bullying are there?
3. Was bullying a big problem at your school?
4. Is it worse for children or adults to get bullied?
5. Why do people bully each other?
6. Do you think bullying should be made a crime or is it part of growing up?
7. Is cyber-bullying (online bullying) worse than face-to-face bullying?
8. What experiences of bullying do you have?
9. What kind of person is a bully?
10. What can people who are bullied do to stop the bullying?
11. If bullying involves violence, should someone call the police?
12. Is it always best to stand up to a bully?
13. What message do you have for bullies?
14. What advice would you give to someone who is bullied?