Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Headlines] (HL-Á¤Ä¡/»çȸ) Pope Allows Priests to Forgive £§Sin of Abortion£§
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-09-03 10:24

[Àü¹® & mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

Pope Francis is calling his priests to forgive women of the ¡°sin of abortion¡± during the upcoming ¡°Holy Year of Mercy.¡± The Pope guides more than a billion Roman Catholics worldwide. He released a letter Tuesday saying many women have told him of the pain when ending a pregnancy. He wrote many women agonized and told him ¡°that they [had] no other option." The Pope, or pontiff, wrote he has "met so many women who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision." Rosemary (Farfan) is a single mother with two children. The Los Angeles woman spoke with the pontiff during a video link-up from ABC News. She said ¡°It hasn't been easy for me. I've made some mistakes as a person, as a mother¡¦I've felt guilty at times and ashamed.¡±
* forgive = ¿ë¼­ÇÏ´Ù/ abortion = ³«ÅÂ, ÀÓ½ÅÁßÀý/ Holy Year = (°¡Å縯) ¼º³â(á¡Ò´)/ pregnancy = ÀÓ½Å/ agonize = °í¹ÎÇÏ´Ù, °í³úÇÏ´Ù/ pontiff = ±³È²/ scar = (Áö¿ï ¼ö ¾ø´Â) ¸¶À½ÀÇ »óó[»óÈç]; ÈäÅÍ/ at times = °¡²ûÀº[¶§¶§·Î]     

In reply, Pope Francis told her, ¡°I know that people can sometimes look askance at you. You're a brave woman because you're capable of bringing these two daughters into the world. ... You respected the life you were carrying inside you and God is going to reward you for that and he does reward for you for that. Don't be ashamed. ... I congratulate you." The Roman Catholic Church remains opposed to abortion. Traditionally, the Catholic Church has viewed abortion as a serious sin, punished by excommunication. Women have been expelled from the Church and condemned to hell in the afterlife. The forgiveness allows women to continue to practice their Catholic faith in a formal manner. They can receive sacraments, like Holy Communion, and participate in church ceremonies.
* in reply (to ~) = (~¿¡ ´ëÇÑ) ´äÀ¸·Î/ look askance at ~ = ~À» °ç´«Áú·Î[ÀǽɽÀº ´«À¸·Î] º¸´Ù/ reward = º¸»ó[º¸´ä/»ç·Ê]ÇÏ´Ù/ be[stand] opposed to ~ = ~¿¡ ¹Ý´ëÇÏ´Ù/ excommunication = (Á¾±³»óÀÇ Çü¹ú·ÎÀÇ) ÆĹ® (¼±¾ð), Á¦¸í/ expel = ÃàÃâ[Á¦¸í]ÇÏ´Ù; ÅðÇнÃÅ°´Ù/ condemn = ±Ôź[ºñ³­]ÇÏ´Ù; ¼±°í¸¦ ³»¸®´Ù/ sacrament = ¼ºÃ¼(¼ºÂù½ÄÀÇ »§°ú Æ÷µµÁÖ); ¼º·Ê(°áÈ¥½Ä, ¼¼·Ê½Ä, ¼ºÂù½Ä µîÀÇ ÀǽÄ)/ Holy Communion = ¿µ¼ºÃ¼, ¼ºÃ¼ ¼º»ç