Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Beauty
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-08-08 18:35

[Àü¹® & mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

People say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That means if someone thinks someone else is beautiful, then they are beautiful. I think the idea of beauty is interesting. Why do we think some things or some people are beautiful and others aren¡¯t? Some people think a building is beautiful, while others think the opposite. People nowadays spend too much time and money on beauty. I agree with the expression, ¡°beauty is only skin deep¡±. This means that what¡¯s really important is someone¡¯s heart and character, not what they look like on the outside. It¡¯s a little strange, and unfair, that you have to be beautiful to be a top actress or even a news reader on TV. I think there should be equal rights for most of us ¡°non-beautiful¡± people.
* beauty is in the eye of the beholder = ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿òÀ̶õ º¸´Â »ç¶÷ÀÇ »ý°¢¿¡ ´Þ¸° °ÍÀÌ´Ù/ opposite = ¹Ý´ë(µÇ´Â »ç¶÷, °Í); ¹Ý´ëÀÇ/ beauty is only skin-deep = ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿òÀº ÇÇ»óÀûÀÎ °ÍÀÏ »ÓÀÌ´Ù/ character = ¼º°Ý, ±âÁú, ƯÁú/ on the outside = °Ñº¸±â¿¡´Â[°ÑÀ¸·Î´Â]/ newsreader(= newscaster) = ´º½º ÇÁ·Î ÁøÇàÀÚ/ equal right = Æòµî±Ç, µ¿µî±Ç

* Áú¹® *

1. What is beauty?
2. Who decides who or what is beautiful?
3. How often do you think about beauty?
4. What do you think of beauty contests?
5. Do you think the idea of beauty changes?
6. Is there beauty in everything we see and do?
7. Do you think the beauty industry is important?
8. Do beautiful people have better lives?
9. Do you think it is important to get your beauty sleep?
10. Do you think you have the same concept of beauty as your friends?
11. What are the most important features when determining someone¡¯s beauty?
12. Do you think different races have different perceptions of what beauty is?
13. Do you think we are conditioned by advertising to think what is beautiful and what is not?