Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Babysitting
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-07-10 16:07

[Àü¹® & mp3] / [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

I loved babysitting when I was younger. It was a really easy way to make money. All I had to do was sit in my neighbor¡¯s house and look after the kids. That was the easy bit, because the kids were usually asleep in bed. The parents would give me a lot of money for watching DVDs and eating snacks. When I was even younger, I liked it when my babysitter came round. She would always play games with us and let us stay up late. She would send us to bed just before my parents came home. I know in some countries, babysitting isn¡¯t so common. It isn¡¯t part of the culture. I suppose that¡¯s not such a bad thing. I read a lot in the papers nowadays about babysitters hitting the children because they don¡¯t sleep. That¡¯s really bad.
* babysit = ¾ÆÀ̸¦ ºÁÁÖ´Ù/ look after ~ = ~À» ¸Ã´Ù(µ¹º¸´Ù/°Ç»çÇÏ´Ù)/ asleep = ÀáÀÌ µç, ÀÚ°í ÀÖ´Â/ babysitter = ¾ÆÀ̸¦ ºÁ ÁÖ´Â »ç¶÷/ stay up late = ´Ê°Ô±îÁö ÀÚÁö ¾Ê°í ÀÖ´Ù/ send sb to bed = ~¸¦ Àç¿ì´Ù/ I suppose ~ = ~ÀÌ°ÚÁö¿ä 

* Áú¹® *

1. What is your comfort level with cooking and preparing meals for kids?
2. Are you comfortable with bathing children and bedtime routines?
3. How long have you been a nanny?
4. How old were the other children you cared for?
5. Do you have any formal early childhood development or childcare training?
6. Would you be willing to take classes to further your education in childcare?
7. Do you have emergency training? In CPR? In first-aid?
8. Would you mind if I ran a background check on you?
9. What do you like least about being a nanny?
10. Do you have any special peeves about parents/children/pets?
11. What are your beliefs about childrearing?
12. What do children like best about you?
13. How do you comfort children? How do you deal with separation anxiety?
14. How do you discipline children? Give me an example of a previous discipline problem and how you handled it.
15. What are some of the rules you've followed in other households that you think worked well?
16. What are your favorite activities to do with a child the age of mine?
17. Do you want a live-in arrangement?
18. If it's not a live-in arrangement, would you bring your own food or expect meals to be provided?
19. Are you willing to do light chores while our baby is sleeping? Which ones?
20. When would you be able to start working?
21. Would you ever be available to work evenings or weekends?
22. Would you be available to travel with our family for weekends/vacations?
23. What's your salary range?
24. What activities do you like doing with kids? Are you willing to go on short, nearby outings (e.g. park, library)?
25. If I'm working in the house, will you be able to keep my child happily occupied without involving me?
26. Do you have a well-functioning car, with appropriate safety belts and room for car seats?
27. Have you had problems in the past following directives like discipline, development, and daily routines?
28. What have been the most challenging and rewarding parts about being a babysitter?
29. What was your scariest or most difficult babysitting moment? How did you handle the situation?
30. How do you comfort and discipline children? How have you handled crying children or temper tantrums in the past?
31. Have you ever had to handle a child emergency? What did you do and what was the outcome? Do you have infant and child CPR certification? Would you be willing to receive such training?
32. Tell me about your experience with children (e.g. babysat siblings, has children)? What age ranges do you have experience with, and are you most comfortable with?