Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Headlines] (HL-¿¹¼ú/Ãë¹Ì) Woman Turns Her Nightmare into a Dream for Others
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-06-17 15:03

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

French film producer Albina du Boisrouvray was born into wealth and opportunity. She had a successful career in film and the arts. Then she married a successful and rich businessman. Her life seemed perfect. Then tragedy hit. In 1986, her only son died in a helicopter accident in West Africa. He was 24. "He was a very dedicated search-and-rescue pilot and he lost his life at age 24 in a mission in Mali." His name was Francois-Xavier Bagnoud. He was a search-and-rescue pilot. His dedicated his life to finding and helping people who were in trouble.
* film producer = ¿µÈ­ Á¦ÀÛÀÚ/ born into ~ = ~¿¡¼­ ž/ tragedy = ºñ±Ø(ÀûÀÎ »ç°Ç)/ dedicated = Çå½ÅÀûÀÎ, Àü³äÇÏ´Â/ search-and-rescue = Å½»ö±¸Á¶/ in trouble = °ï°æ¿¡ ºüÁ®¼­, ³­Ã³ÇÏ¿©    

After her son died, Albina du Boisrouvray created an organization to fulfill his life¡¯s work. She founded FXBVillage, named with his initials. The organization finds and helps people living in extreme poverty – people who are destitute, who do not have even the most basic necessities. "So when I set up this organization, I wanted it to take on his commitment to rescuing people on a large basis, and that's why I started with those children who were so destitute and the people living in poverty." FXB began in 1990 in Uganda. It started by helping children whose parents had died of HIV/AIDS. FXB invested in the children and the adults who cared for them so they could move out of poverty.
* fulfill = ½ÇÇö(¼ºÃë)ÇÏ´Ù; ÀÌÇàÇÏ´Ù/ found = ¼³¸³ÇÏ´Ù, ¼¼¿ì´Ù/ live in poverty = °¡³­ÇÑ »ýÈ°À» ÇÏ´Ù/ destitute = ±ÃÇÌÇÑ, ±ØºóÇÑ/ basic necessities = ±âº»Àû (»ýÈ°) ÇʼöÇ°/ take ~ on = (ÀÏ µîÀ»; Ã¥ÀÓÀ») ¸Ã´Ù, Áö´Ù/ die of ~ = ~·Î Á×´Ù