Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Advertising
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  15-05-02 15:19

[Àü¹® + mp3]  /  [¹Þ¾Æ¾²±â]

What is advertising? Is it telling the truth or is it making things look better than they really are? Or is it lying? Companies pay a lot of money for adverts. Some of the ads you see in glossy magazines look like art. The commercials on TV look like mini movies. Do they really change our behavior? Do adverts make you buy things? I think some advertising is a form of lying. Is BMW really ¡°The ultimate driving machine¡± like they say in their ads? British Airways used to say they were ¡°The world¡¯s favorite airline,¡± but had to stop saying it because it wasn¡¯t true. Personally, I get tired of watching ads on television. They always interrupt a good program. I like ads in magazines. They¡¯re usually quite interesting.
* advert(= advertisement) = ±¤°í/ glossy = À±(±¤)ÀÌ ³ª´Â; °í±Þ ÀâÁö(glossies)/ ad(= advertisement) = ±¤°í/ interrupt = ¹æÇØÇÏ´Ù(ÁߴܽÃÅ°´Ù/°¡·Î¸·´Ù)

* Áú¹® *

1. How would you define advertising?
2. Have you ever placed an ad in the classified section of a newspaper?
3. Do you think advertising is a clever way of lying about products?
4. What products depend most on advertising?
5. What factors are essential in making a good advertisement?
6. Do pop-up ads on the Internet bother you?
7. What adverts have you seen or heard that you particularly liked?
8. Do you think you are easily persuaded to buy things after seeing or hearing an ad?
9. What regulations should be applied to adverts to protect consumers?
10. Have you ever been angry about an advert?
11. Which companies produce the best ads?
12. Do you prefer advertisements on TV, in newspapers, on the radio, on the Internet or in the street?